During my financial practice, I frequently encouraged clients and friends to insure their portfolio with 5-10% allocated to gold and silver. I even shared how to buy free of commissions. These weather-proof metals insured against inflation and deflation. Sadly, I can count on one hand those who took this advice. Gold has increased 500%. Real estate, our favorite investment, is down.
Finally, we must recognize that the traditional media, Hollywood and the US two party political system all exist to promote themselves at our expense. The internet is an unedited collection of thoughts, but has remained mostly free of Orwellian control. Be careful what you eat, what your read and who leads your thinking!
1. Prepare for inflation in the coming years. Even hyperinflation is possible.
2. Diversify away from traditional buy-and-hold investments.
3. Diversify among countries for investment.
4. Invest in natural resources to withstand inflation, especially gold, silver, timber,
5. Find unbiased internet sources for economic, financial, and political information.
6. Banks have had sudden “holidays” in Ecuador (2000), USA (1933), Argentina, etc. Keep several months of living expense outside of banking channels.
Don’t worry; be happy in planning wisely.